How To Make A Reusable Sandwich Wrap

How Make Food
Dress up your sandwich in style with this supercute reusable sandwich wrap by Betz White, author of Sewing Green. Win a copy of Sewing Green by leaving a comment here. Using the templates provided, cut one main wrap and two flaps from PUL. Beginning with the main wrap, with the wrong (coated) side facing up, fold 1/4 inch on one of the short, angled edges to the wrong side, and topstitch the fold 3/16 inch from the edge.

Dress up your sandwich in style with this supercute reusable sandwich wrap by Betz White, author of Sewing Green. Win a copy of Sewing Green by leaving a comment here. Make lunch, not trash! These fun, functional sandwich wraps give you a reusable alternative to plastic baggies, plus they are a snap to make. After each use, they can be wiped clean with a damp cloth or tossed in with the rest of the laundry. Check outSewing Green for my Lunch Tote and Water Bottle Sling projects. Click here for sneak peeks inside the book!

You can also keep up with me and Sewing Green on my blog here. Note: PUL refers to any fabric that has been laminated with polyurethane on one side to make it waterproof. One 20-inch x 21-inch "diaper cut" is enough to make one sandwich wrap. 1. Cut the pieces. 2. Hem the edges.

Did you make this, After you make this project, show off your work to other members! 3gurlz writes: I have never worked with PUL, but I do have some vinyl overlayed cotton similar to what I just found on Fabricdotcom. Can anyone tell me if this can be substituted for the PUL in this pattern,

3033 writes: What a cute project. I take sandwiches to my Quilting Groups, what a good recycling example I will set. Not sure of the plastic, love good old economical waxed paper. Had to recycle it when I was at school. I'll make sure that soon my Sandwiches will be packed in a reusable wrap. BenAar0n writes: The PUL wazoodle sells says that it is food safe. Craig27Jannie writes: Some time before, I did need to buy a good car for my organization but I did not earn enough cash and couldn't order anything.

Thank heaven my brother adviced to try to take the home loans at reliable creditors. Thence, I acted so and was happy with my collateral loan. This is great. I haven't made them yet. I have to tell you my story.t work a single father asked if I could makr a reuseable bag that he could wash.Ofcourse I told him I would take on the chalange So now I just have to get started.

We need an edit button, lol. I was going to say the foil works best for me, tried using a ziploc bag but it was sooo slippery I got mad and ditched it. 1 writes: I made mine about 6 months ago and for the lining I use foil lined chip bags.

You know, like veggie fries or chips come in, Just cut the bottom seam off, then cut down the center back seam, open and wash it, hang to dry and cut it out right along with your pattern. My husband uses his everyday and works in a machine shop,so it gets some rough use. It has held up very well and I make his sandwich the night before and it stays fresh until lunch the next day!

It wipes out so easily, but honestly it rarely actually has anything more than crumbs left on it. I know the lining is safe because food is packaged in it to sell, I am accumulating a nice little stash so I can make a bunch of these for Christmas gifts!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post