Low-Sodium Diet: Easy Tips To Get Started

How Make Food
How do I cut sodium from my diet, There are simple steps you can take at the grocery store, at home, and when you go out to eat, that can help you consume less sodium. You don’t have to cut out packaged foods altogether. Just check the nutrition facts to see how much sodium an item contains.

Smith recommends choosing foods with less than 400 milligrams of sodium per serving. Going cold turkey can be tough—if you're used to super-salty flavors, food will taste very bland at first. Try adding half the amount of salt you usually do to foods and giving yourself time to adjust before cutting back more.

Similarly, instead of going straight for sodium-free packaged items, train your taste buds on low-sodium options first. They tend to go way heavier on the salt than you would at home, so don’t be afraid to put in some custom requests. Ask that your meal be made with less salt (or no salt), and ask for sauces and dressings on the side, Smith says.

This way you can add a small amount yourself at the table. Experiment cooking with fresh herbs, spices, citrus juice, or aromatics like ginger or garlic, Palinski-Wade suggest. You can even pick up a few salt-free herb blends, which make cooking sans sodium quick and easy. If you’re looking for a more detailed low sodium plan to follow, the DASH Diet may be the way to go—and is a diet many doctors recommend. In addition to being lower in salt, it also emphasizes foods like fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy. These are rich in potassium, magnesium, and calcium—minerals that can help lower blood pressure even more.

Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites. What an original way to save money for your wedding! I like that it has a nice casual, comfortable feel to it. No stuffy catered food for me! I may just go and start crashing weddings everything looks so goog. Great ideas.Cupcakes are a good choice.A big thanks for sharing these ideas. I bet it will taste as good, if not better, than any fancy catered food you could get.

Just make sure you have some help with cooking, serving, and cleaning! 600 for a crowd of 300. That means thighs on the fajitas but, still, very reasonable prices, I think. Hey, everyone likes hot dogs! I'm not actually planning a wedding, but scouting around for ideas for my best friend's potluck reception- I think I'll make the wedding cupcakes; they look lovely and people usually love cupcakes!

Shelly Sellers 6 years ago from Midwest U.S.A. Great lens and love your ideas! In these difficult economic times anything to save money when planning a wedding must be good. Great lens and it looks like you enjoyed the grub. What a great idea. My mom's church friends cooked our wedding dinner and we couldn't have asked for anything better and the cost was minimal! The wedding food looks delicious!

We are thinking of having an outdoor reception. I am a bit worried about insects though. Did you have any problems with flies, This looks like such a great idea! Hope it works out well! We're thinking of going potluck for our wedding, so this lens will come in handy. I think the trick is to just prepare way more food than you'll need. Grilled meat especially makes for good leftovers! Lovely lens and a lens idea! The only point is covering for shortage of food when a crowd comes in - more than the expected numbers!

Once that was dry, I made passes of hot glue over the smooth sides of the chips, creating the ridges of the pickle chips. I'm pretty proud of these guys, if I do say so myself. Fake pickles, now that's comedy! These cheese slices are another "classic" technique of mine- you can see the details here.

Basically, they are smoothed sheets of caulk cut to size and shape. The Swiss cheese was fun, I got to cut holes in it! This one is easy, too! A smear of caulk on a slice of bread is all you need! The assembly took a bit of planning as well, because I wanted all of the ingredients to be visible. Why spend time making hilarious pickles only to hide them between bread slices, I stacked and re-stacked the ingredients until I thought I had them figured out, and then I attached them to each other.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post